Resources for developers
The Source Academy was conceived, designed, and implemented by a community of undergraduate students. See the contributors page for the Hall of Fame, current project leadership, and all Github contributors.
Currently (2022-2023) the following intiatives are under way to extend and improve Source Academy. All of these are being pursued by Computer Science undergraduate students of the National University of Singapore.
- Stories for Source Academy: A notebook for authoring and reading documents that contain Source programs.
- Source Academy as an IDE: Extending the Google Drive and Github interfaces to provide common IDE features.
- Source Academy for web development: Extending Source Academy to support authoring web pages using HTML5.
- Module for data visualization: Plotly or similar.
- Constructive Solid Geometry: A module for authoring and visualizing CSG-based scenes.
- Improvements of tools: Stepper, environment visualizer, achievements, robotics.
- Improvements and extensions of existing modules: video, sound, graphics processing.